Building fop from source with hyph also from source
Mathieu Malaterre
2018-11-16 10:42:03 UTC
Dear fop-dev,

I am trying to update fop in Debian archive to the latest release. I
see that the main build system switched from ant to mvn.

Could someone please point to the instructions on how to build fop
from source with hyph (mandatory for a Debian package) ?

All I could find is old documentation:

https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/release.html#prepare
http://offo.sourceforge.net/source-installation.html

Unless I missed something I do not see mvn driving ant under the fop
subfolder (I do see a fop/build.xml file though).

Thanks much for your time,
Mathieu Malaterre
2018-11-16 10:46:01 UTC
Post by Mathieu Malaterre
Dear fop-dev,
I am trying to update fop in Debian archive to the latest release. I
see that the main build system switched from ant to mvn.
Could someone please point to the instructions on how to build fop
from source with hyph (mandatory for a Debian package) ?
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/dev/release.html#prepare
http://offo.sourceforge.net/source-installation.html
Unless I missed something I do not see mvn driving ant under the fop
subfolder (I do see a fop/build.xml file though).
Thanks much for your time,
Maybe the naive solution is actually the one expected: run `ant
jar-hyphenation` by hand in fop subfolder (before mvn). I just wanted
confirmation I am not missing something obvious.

ref:
https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/2.3/hyphenation.html#install